I am beginning to get my doubts if we are going to get summer anytime soon. The snow melted so incredibly early this year, but spring is failing to fulfill its seasonal duties so that we can move on to summer. The trees are also showing their impatience by showing signs of budding, but they haven’t yet grown their leaves.
I am basing all my impatience on the cold weather we have been experiencing here in Winnipeg. Last night was -10 celcius (14F). It was way too cold for this time of year. I had already put away my winter clothes, but was forced to retrieve them yesterday. It was incredibly disappointing.
On the bright side, at least it didn’t snow. It is still a bit on the cold side today, but thankfully I didn’t have to wear a jacket to work this afternoon.
I am very eager for summer to arrive as I feel like we didn’t really get a decent summer last year. The five things I’m looking forward to most this summer:
- Enjoying the patio at Earl’s on Main Street
- Going to Grand Beach to get some swimming and tanning done (and enjoying the hot shirtless men)
- Walking through the English Garden at Assiniboine Park
- Getting ice cream as many days as possible
- Pulling out the roller blades and finding some awesome trails to explore
What are you looking forward to doing most this summer?