I have decided that I am going to make Friday’s posts about different recipes that I have decided tried. What better way to start than with the truly North American food of Mac & Cheese? This recipe comes from the January/February 2013 issue of Men’s Health magazine.
One of my favourite parts about this recipe is the fact that there is only 595 calories per serving and much less fat and sodium than what you would find in your favourite restaurants version of this dish.
I hope that you have the opportunity to try this recipe and enjoy.
- 2 cups macaroni
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Whisk in milk and cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Add the Gruyere, cheddar and mozzarella cheese and stir until it all melts.
3. Remove from heat, stir in yogurt and pasta. Pour mixture into baking dish. Top with panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake on broil until the bread crumbs are golden brown.
Just a quick hello and first video post in almost 3 years!
Many people have a deep craving and desire to find new adventures in travel, but no one truly gets to satisfy this desire more than people that work in the aviation industry, more specifically your flight crew. At one time I was a member of this elite group, but due to an injury I have lost my membership to this exclusive club.
Luckily I am still working in the industry that I love in a position that provides me both the ability to travel and the challenge of working in the operations control centre for one of Canada’s airlines. In total I have worked in the air and on the ground in both front-line and behind the scenes.
One of my favourite parts about aviation is that two days are never the same. Aviation is one of the most highly regulated industries in the world, which also makes it one of the safest forms of transportation. The challenge to all of these regulations is keeping up with all of the changes that Transport Canada imposes in order to make it safer for everyone.
Now I know that I said I was flight crew, so you probably assumed pilot which would be an incorrect assumption. I was a flight attendant, trolley dolly, air mattress, or any other nick name you could probably come up with for it, and yes you’d be correct in assuming that I am gay.
With this blog I hope to share with you pieces of my adventures, travel tips to enhance your travel experience, share information about different issues going on in the world that are important causes for me, share some of my stories that I have written, and much much more. I am also always looking for suggestions about new places to visit, things to do, restaurants to try, and challenges you can come up with for me to accomplish.
I look forward to embarking on this new journey, and I look forward to sharing it with you.